- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- May 2010
- February 2010
The O'Leary swindlers are amongst us and want to swipe your Wizard101 accounts! They steal your Crowns, delete your characters or just start playing with your account. In some cases we are able to give your account back to you, but it isn't always possible! So be cautious and take the following advice to heart, so that your characters are safe:
• Do not give anyone your login data (= your email address and your password)!
• Do not add anyone that you do not know to your friends in Wizard101. Do not blindly trust players that are strangers and do not let them intimidate you. Events in which Wizard101 team members send out friendship requests to allow you to teleport to an event are always announced via a server message!
• Never add anyone to your friends on Facebook, just because he or she claims to work for Wizard101. Wizard101 team members only use Facebook (if at all) for private use. (You can find the official Facebook page for Wizard101.co.uk here.)
The most common tricks of the account nappers
They claim to need your login data …
• … to level up your character onto level X! –> Even if they do that, they will only be doing it for themselves – they will just keep your account afterwards.
• … to give you early access to the next game update! –> Not possible! Updates will be directly put onto the server and will then be available to all players.
• … to give you Crowns! –> Only parent accounts can gift Crowns to their linked child accounts. Only accept a relation request if the request really is from your parents!
• … because you're friends! –> Even if you are (online) friends, your friends do not need your personal data! Your account is for your eyes only.
• … because they belong to the Wizard101 Team and want to protect your account from unauthorised access! –> You can recognise Wizard101 team members from their 'Support' title, their high level and their Marleybone clothing. They will never ask you for your password, your email address or any other personal information. Important: those who don't have 'Support' in their title are not part of the Wizard101 team! Regardless of what this person says or threatens: they have no influence on the game and cannot delete your character or ban you account!
We need your cooperation!
If you see anything suspicious in the game that may have something to do with account theft, please take a screenshot and let our support know. Thanks!
You can find out more information in the forum.
• Do not give anyone your login data (= your email address & your password)!
• Do not add anyone that you do not know to your friends in Wizard101. Do not blindly trust players that are strangers and do not let them intimidate you.
• Never add anyone to your friends on Facebook, just because he or she claims to work for Wizard101. Wizard101 team members only use Facebook (if at all) for private use.
You can find out more information in the forum.
The Mystic Fishing Bundle is just what the anglers amongst you are after: look forward to your own Private Fishing Retreat, with the First Mate Otter and the Two-Seater Skiff! Available now on our website!
Gone fishing! Fresh fried fish! Fish fried fresh! – Get your fish on!
Starting now there are fish to be caught in Wizard101! When your wizard has reached level 7, talk to Lucky Hookline in the Commons. The friendly Pelican has the quest “A River Runs Through It” for you, and in so doing he will teach you the Fishing 101. After that you’re free to cast your own lines! Most of the lakes and rivers in Wizard City, Krokotopia, MooShu and Grizzleheim contain fish which you can catch.
When you’re near some fishable water, the Fishing icon will appear in the bottom right above your Spellbook. Clicking on it will bring up your Fishing Spells. Fishing is a magical matter in the Spiral, you know! There are different types of spells when it comes to fishing, namely Fish Catching Spells and Fishing Utility Spells. Every fish belongs to one of the seven schools of magic, and each school has its own Fish Catching Spells. Casting one of these spells casts your magical fishing rod ready to hoist your fish on land. Whilst you can catch any type of fish with each Lure, fish are more attracted to Lures of their own school.
The Utility Spells are useful so that you can see which school of magic the fish belong to, or to refill a river or lake that has been fished dry. There are also certain items you can use (such as a Fishing Luck Elixir) to increase your fishing fortunes and thus improve your chances of catching something.
When you have caught a fish, a window appears displaying all the important details regarding your catch. You’ll see the symbol on the left if it’s a special fish, one that can only be caught at a certain time (such as at Christmas). Every fish you catch will land in your Fish Basket, and each catch is recorded in your Angler’s Tome.
Right then! Grab your rods, get set, fish!
This winter we’re drilling holes and going ice fishing on the frozen lakes! Curious fish have found their way into the Spiral, so fish away to your heart’s content. There are Chameleon Fish, Catfish, Strawberry Jellyfish, Garrrfish and Dragon Eels, to name but a few of these weird and wonderful marine creatures. You can find out more in our feature article on the left. We’ve also got lots of festive news from Ravenwood and Wizard101 lined up.
Your Wizard101 Team
For a Tidier Crown Shop
We’ve given the Crown Shop a good sprucing up so that you can find what you’re looking for more easily. The categories have been rearranged and new sub-categories added. There’s now also a tab labelled ‘For Your Wizard’, where you can find a collection of different items particularly suited to wizards of your school and level, including sets, mounts, pets and more! You’ll also notice that there are three items highlighted under every tab – these are our recommendations for your wizard in each category!
Here’s the low-down on the new category structure:
- Under Featured you’ll find current offers, latest offerings and popular items.
- Under Cards you’ll find Hoard, Lore and Booster Packs as well as Pet Snack Packs.
- The Mounts have been consolidated, and you’ll also find the Rental Mounts here.
- The Pets tab includes all those lovable companions, plus the Pet Snack Packs once more.
- Gold and Elixirs now have their own tabs.
- The Appearance & Gear tab has been renamed and reorganised. You’ll now find the sub-categories Clothing Bundles, Weapons, Amulets, Shoes, Robes, Hats, Transformations, Hairstyles, Rings and Athames.
- The Housing tab has been given a new lick of paint. You’ll now find the sub-categories Houses, Gardening, Castle Blocks, Furniture and Furniture Sets, Games & Mini Games, Teleporters and Instruments.
- Under Gameplay you’ll find the categories Henchmen, Reagent Bundles, Fishing and “Everything” – and we really do mean EVERYTHING!
New Bundles: Fish yourself a Spiral Cup!
Two amazing new bundles are making their appearance this winter. The Mystic Fishing Bundle and the Spiral Cup Gauntlet Bundle. Both of them really pack a punch! Friends of fishing can take advantage of the Private Fishing Retreat, the First Mate Otter and the Two-Seater Skiff.
The Spiral Cup Gauntlet Bundle is perfect for fans of private dungeons. Not only will they find the Spiral Cup Gauntlet inside, which they can place on their properties, they’ll also get the Mystic Grimoire and Tanglewood Vine mount! Keep your eyes peeled for announcements in the forum and on our website!
Magical Advent Calender: Door by Door
The Advent season is upon us and with it an enchanting event.
From the 1st until the 24th December, open a new door every day and answer the question behind it.
We’ll be raffling off prizes among the correctly submitted entries! Find out more in our forum.
We wish you a wonderful Advent!
Hmm… How can we put this delicately? From time to time, you will notice stuff in the game that you can swipe. Yes! Just take it. It’s allowed! We’re talking about things you can decorate your homes with. Some things you can hang on your walls, others you can put in the garden. So far, so good. But where can they be found, I hear you ask. Why not start by taking a look around the classrooms in Ravenwood…
Joy to the World!
There’s lots to discover in our Crown Shop this Advent period. Every week we’ll have new special offers and surprises in store! And in fitting with this time of year, you’ll also find the White Winter Owl and festive mounts such as the Reindeer Sleigh or Charity Noelephant.
On top of that, you’ll also find the Yuletide Pack back in the Crown Shop. Come and have a gander! Oh, and let’s not forget Felix Navidad in the Shopping District, who’ll once more have Nutcracker Wands, Santa Hats and lots more in store for you!
Starting now there are fish to be caught in Wizard101! When your wizard has reached level 7, talk to Lucky Hookline in the Commons. The friendly Pelican has the quest "A River Runs Through It" for you, and in passing he'll teach you the Fishing 101. Afterwards you're free to cast your own lines! Most of the lakes and rivers in Wizard City, Krokotopia, MooShu and Grizzleheim contain fish which you can catch. Find out more in issue #5 of the Ravenwood Bulletin!